(208) 996-8888

Tenant FAQs

Answers to your common questions

Can I be charged for maintenance at the property?
Yes, if resident damage or neglect causes the maintenance, you will be charged for it.  Also, you can be billed for a service call if you miss an appointment with one of our maintenance contractors.

Can I get a pet after move-in?
Only with approval before you get the pet and the pet fee and rent for the current period are paid.  For more information, please refer to your rental agreement or contact us.

Can I install cable or satellite TV at the property?
Generally yes.  However, you must first obtain written permission from us via an authorization form. There is a preferred installer on the authorization form you may contact who knows all the installation conditions that need to be met to ensure you are not charged for damages caused by an improper installation. The installer can work with all cable/satellite service providers. At some units, you may be prohibited from installing a satellite dish in any location where the dish is visible from the ground or from any other unit in the area.  Any cost of installation is an expense of the resident.

Can I install extra telephone lines?
Generally yes.  However, you must also obtain written permission to do this.  All costs of installing extra phone lines are the responsibility of the resident.

Can I rent a steam cleaner and clean the carpets myself when I move out?
No.  We arrange for carpets to be professionally cleaned upon vacancy at the expense of tenant. Vacuuming the carpets and edges thoroughly is highly recommended.

Can I sub-lease the property?
No.  The lease agreement clearly states that the resident shall not sublet any portion of the property or assign the agreement without written consent.

How do I report a maintenance item?
For normal non-urgent maintenance items please submit your request online or mail or fax your written request.  Be sure to provide us with the best possible time to reach you.  If the item is urgent and it is during regular business hours (Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.), you may call our office to report the problem, or print and fax our form.  To report emergency maintenance, be sure to inform us that you have a maintenance emergency.  If it is after business hours, call us and give the person who answers the complete information or leave a detailed message on the voice mail.  Be sure to give your name and the property address clearly along with your call back phone number.  For police or fire emergencies, dial 911 before calling us.

I am an excellent resident and take good care of the home. Can you waive my late charges?
No.  We not waive late charges.  Fair Housing laws require that we treat all our residents equally.  We cannot decide if one resident is more deserving than another of paying late charges, therefore we enforce late charges across the board.

I have always paid my rent on time. Why did I receive a 3-day notice when the rent was only 6 days late?
The rent is due on the first of the month.  If the rent is not posted in our office by the fifth, we serve a 3-day notice.

What are my responsibilities if my company transfers me before the end of the lease?
Most leases are for a set period of time.  If you are transferred, ask your company what assistance they will provide if you need to “break a lease”.  Let your property manager know what is happening as soon as possible so we can begin marketing the property for a replacement resident.  Please refer to our policy on early termination for more details.

What happens if my roommate moves out before the end of the lease?
If your roommate moves out, a written notice needs to be submitted to us.  Remember that tenants are jointly and singularly liable to ensure that the rent is paid, so if one tenant’s rent is late, all tenants are late.  You must have written permission to substitute a roommate and the new roommate must meet the application standards. It is not our responsibility to arbitrate or mediate problems with multiple tenant situations. We always recommend roommates have a roommate agreement to clearly identify the financial obligation of each party in case you need to file a small claims suit. A Roommate Release Form may also need to be completed.

What happens to the disposition of a roommate’s security deposit after move-out?
Security deposits are collected as “security” for the property.  Reimbursements to departing roommates are handled by the remaining tenants.  No portion of the security deposit will be refunded individually.

What is considered an emergency?
The following are examples of maintenance emergencies.  The main sewer line is backed up.  A pipe broke and water is leaking into the home.  There was a break-in and you have an unsecured entrance to the home.  After hours, leave a message if the phone is not answered immediately.  Someone will respond as soon as possible.  If it is after 8:00 p.m. and before 7:00 a.m. and the call is not an emergency, you could be charged for extra service call charges.

When and how should I give my notice to vacate?
The official 30 Day Notice Form should be completed and turned in at least 30 days before your lease renews.

Contact Us

Morgan Property Management
7150 W Potomac Dr.
Boise, ID 83704

Phone: (208) 996-8888
Fax: (208) 996-8800
Email: office@morganidaho.com

Copyright © Morgan Property Management. All Rights Reserved.
Property Management Website powered by FreeRentalSite.com | Sitemap